Thursday, April 11, 2013

Journal Entry: April 11, 2013

Well being that this is my first journal entry, where should I start? It's been a crazy month & what's even crazier is that in a couple of weeks I'll be graduating from cosmetology school. I find myself constantly asking myself if I'm ready to take on the responsibility of being an adult. It feels like just yesterday that I was sitting in my homeroom in high school without a care in the world. Everything is so different now & to be completely honest I'm scared. Scared of life...the challenges that I have to face...will I be okay all on my own? If I'm sounding negative, that's not my intention. It's the pressure...pressure to have a career, to live on my own, meet my soul mate, get married, have kids, everything! I know I'm young, but I can't help, but think of the future & what is to come. Whether it be good or bad, it's always uncertain, but it's all based on your present actions. So in the end it makes sense that I feel this way, right? Could it be that I'm making myself believe that I need to be perfect & have a perfect life? 
-
Even though there is a great amount of pressure going on in this point in my life I can say that I have had my happy moments. Meeting people has always been a bit difficult for me at times considering that I am an outcast, but while I have been in school I've met some incredible people! And even though I won't mention there names they know who they are. They've been there for me, through the bad & the good. No matter what I've had a shoulder to cry on or open arms to go to. I can really say that no matter what I want them to stay in my life, because they mean a lot to me. To me my friends are family, forever!
-
Once I do graduate school I really hope to expand my education in every aspect of cosmetology. From extensions to individual eyelashes, I want to do it all! But my real passion lies in becoming a make up artist, whether it be runway or working with celebrities, if it has to do with make up I want to do it! I've never loved something more in my life. I get so much pleasure from doing someone's make up. I believe that the body is a canvas, it's there to be decorated. Some people decorate with clothing or tattoos, but I choose to decorate with blush, eyeshadow, lipstick & so much more! The results that make up gives you after the finished product is simply amazing! The power of make up is powerful & it's also a great way to express yourself. There are so many more reason why I have such a great passion for becoming a freelance make up artist, they're endless! Eventually, if I get the chance, I want to attend school to become a professional make up artist. The reason behind this is that even though you don't have to attend school to be a make up artist, I feel that I have so much more to learn. I'd like to get information, techniques & experience first hand from the people who have working in the industry. I want to hear their stories, get an internship, meet amazing people & so much more. This is just my personal preference, but life is crazy so you never know what might happen. All you can do is hope for the best!





No comments:

Post a Comment